“It does not matter how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get up.”
Dr. Joe Pelino
Dr. Joe Pelino has been providing Chiropractic Care, and supporting therapeutic techniques, for over 25 years. Dr. Pelino has been resolving athletes’ injuries and enhancing their performance by offering the most leading edge treatments available.
Dr Joe is the first Canadian to earn a Diplomate of the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians, the first Canadian and instructor to deliver A.R.T (Active Release Techniques) and is the inventor of Core Ball Training using fitness as therapy since the late ’80s. In typical fashion, he is the first in Canada to be trained both in SRM, Stress Relief Method which untwists the physical torque of mental, emotional and chemical stress; as well as, the OTZ treatment (One To Zero), a skull and spinal adjustment technique used in the correction of frozen shoulder syndrome.
Dr. Pelino continues to seek out and share these new cutting edge treatments and techniques to offer the most holistic and powerful results available for his patients.
- Medical Team Chiropractor NBA | Toronto Raptors
- Consultant Chiropractor NHLPA | National Hockey League Players’ Association
- Executive Director | Nunavut Stars Hockey Camp for Inuit Youth
- Sports Medicine Director | Granfondo Canada Cycling
- Race Director | World Ironman for Physically Challenged Athletes
- Team Leader | RAAM Race Across America-First Hand Cyclists Ever
- Team Chiropractor | Niagara Ice dogs OHL Hockey
- Treatment Director | Homeless World Cup Of Soccer 2014 Chile
- Former Player | University of Toronto Varsity Blues Men’s Hockey | Brock Badgers Men’s Hockey | Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College Men’s Hockey Team Captain.
- A graduate of Brock University with a BSc in Exercise Physiology, Dr Joe completed his chiropractic education in Toronto earning the Research Award for Radiological Excellence.
Dr. Pelino’s belief is that, combined with traditional chiropractic care, the clear end benefit is to control your stress and command it into results using the balance of exercise nutrition and self-treatment.
Dr Joe is the father of 3 beautiful teenagers, an avid global cyclist and is the Southern Director and Film Producer for the Inuit Elder Initiative “Tuusaqtuut” which is the only compendium of its kind to collect the traditional knowledge of the last 40 Inuit Elders who have experienced the harmonious way of life with the land and animals of Canada’s arctic region, an authentic origin of knowledge to be saved and shared.
Dr. Pelino’s home practice is currently located at the Energy Fitness Studio in St. Catharines, Ontario. He also continues his role as Executive Director and Chiropractor for the Nunavut Stars Hockey School and Director of treatment services for GranFondo Canada (Banff, Whistler and Niagara Falls).